Experienced New Orleans Attorney
Attorney Dwayne Burrell grew up in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he learned early in life the importance and value an attorney brings to their clients, especially when it comes to criminal defense. Dwayne understands that when going through the justice system, it is not always fair.
He also understands that the power players are too strong to compete with, especially during such a vulnerable time. Dwayne strives to provide the assistance and professional advocacy his clients need to get the justice they deserve.
A major defining moment of his legal career was realizing how greedy insurance companies are and how often they fail to protect the interests of their insureds.
From then on, he changed his approach to dealing with insurance companies in order to ensure his personal injury clients are protected against their tricks.
Dwayne grew up Uptown New Orleans. He was displaced by Hurricane Katrina during his senior year of high school. Shortly after he returned to Louisiana to attend Southeastern Louisiana University before transferring to the University of New Orleans. After receiving his bachelor’s degree, he went to Louisiana State University Law Center to continue his education.
As a law student, Dwayne was a member of the Trial Advocacy Executive Board, where he served as Vice-President of Media and Outreach. Dwayne also served as Vice President for the Public Interest Law Society (PILS), where he founded the PILS Unity Basketball Classic, a law school bonding and fundraising effort.
Dwayne is an avid sports fan, especially of basketball legend Lebron James. He played high school basketball at L.E. Rabouin and credits this for his competitive spirit, which fortunately translates well with litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Juris Doctor, 2014
- Honors: Paul M. Hebert Scholar Award
- Honors: CALI AWARD Recipient (Twice)
- Honors: Chancellor’s Cup (Moot Court) Octofinalist
- Honors: Chancellor’s Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award
- Honors: Vice President, Trial Advocacy Board
- Honors: Vice President, Public Interest Law Society
- University of New Orleans, Bachelor of Science, 2002
- Major: Business Administration
- Minor: Business Management
- Honor’s: Dean’s List
Awards & Accolades
- Top 40 Under 40 (2017, 2018 & 2019)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Justice
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Dwayne is very active in the community. He is an active sponsor of the NOLA Supreme Youth Travel Football Team, Train Up A Child NOLA, and New Millennium College Tours.
For a trustworthy and aggressive personal injury and criminal defense attorney in New Orleans, contact Dwayne Burrell today at (504) 688-7728 to schedule a free consultation.